If your child is already enrolled in or assigned to a New York City public school, visit your child’s school for assistance.
What to Bring:
Please bring your child with you! Also, bring the following documents for your child:
☐ Birth certificate or passport
☐ Immunization records with a copy of your child’s latest physical.
(You can now download the Child Physical Form)
☐ Latest report card/transcript (if available)
☐ Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable)
☐ Proof of residence; any two of the following:*
• Utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name (National Grid, Con Edison, or the Long Island Power Authority); must be dated within the past 60 days
• Water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days
• Original lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
• Current property tax bill for the residence
• Official payroll document from an employer [example: payroll receipt]; must be dated within the past 60 days
• Document or letter from a federal, state, or local government agency indicating the resident’s name and address [example: document from Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS)]; must be dated within the past 60 days
* If you are not the leaseholder of your residence, you must submit a Residency Affidavit